Did you know that separating your waste at the source is one of the easiest ways to reduce the amount of garbage your business sends to landfill AND save money on your monthly waste bill? Source separation simply means making a choice to clearly dispose of generate waste in a separate bin to your recyclables making them cleaner and easier to recycle once taken away by New England Waste. Here’s General Manager Malcolm Lancaster breaks down why separating your waste at the source can be a game changer for your business.
How it works:
By having both General Waste and Recyclable Bins, and by making a conscious effort to separate your waste before it hits the bins you will likely reduce the amount of General Waste pick ups your business requires. Why is this a good thing? Put simply…a General Waste Bin pick up costs substantially more than a Recyclable. So chucking all of your rubbish including recyclables into the one bin just does not make good business sense..or rather…cents!
It’s likely that many of your team members are already thinking about sustainability within their own homes and will embrace your decision to incorporate recycling into your business, however here’s some of our tips for making the change seamless!
- Share the news with your staff – write a sustainability mission and share it with your staff, explain why it’s important for your business to be thinking green, conserving energy and recycling to ensure the planet is in tip-top shape for future generations.
- Make it easy for your staff to get on board. Provide separate bins inside your office, factory or retail store that allow for easy, on-the-spot waste separation.
- Provide source separating fact sheets, pinned above your bins so your staff understand how to sort, separate and dispose.
- Educate your staff on your business sustainability mission and why it’s important for your business and your social contribution to think sustainably.
- Tell your customers all about it! Nine in 10 Australian consumers are more likely to purchase ethical and sustainable products according to new, independent research* , which also reveals that 85 per cent of consumers want retailers and brands to be more transparent about the sustainability of their products. Share your sustainability mission on your social media, your website and include a sign or sticker on your shopfront.
Want to start separating at the source with separate General Waste and Recycling Bins from New England Waste? General Manager and Owner Malcolm Lancaster is passionate about helping businesses realise their true potentials through cost effective waste management solutions that achieve sustainability goals. Contact him on email@example.com or 0429 323 696
*Source: Independent 2020 survey by Couriers Please
Want more information? Contact us here
About New England Waste
New England Waste services the Armidale, Uralla, Glen Innes, Tenterfield and Guyra and areas and in between with an extensive range of skip bins, hook bins, septic services and port-a-loos. Family own and operated since 1979 by the Lancaster family, great service, expert solutions and great value are at the heart of New England Waste. See our range here: